Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday...my favorite day of the week!

Why you ask...Wednesday is my favorite day of the week because it is the perfect time to forget about last weekend and start planning the upcoming weekend. My Wednesday's usually start with our new grocery flyers. I have my ritual....after supper I sit with my flyers, a pen and note pad and off I go....writing as many inventive recipes and ideas as I can. Of course not all off them are executed. What I do is carefully combine ingredients until I get a recipe or two that could be interesting. For example, yesterday I was driving home after work and started to think about bananas ...I love bananas, anyway I started to think .... sliced bananas drenched in peanut butter or melted chocolate, then dipped in some kind of batter and then fried or maybe even baked. Not sure of all the details yet but I will let you know after the weekend. The thought behind this to make some kind of breakfast to go that is nutritious and kid friendly.

Tip of the day...

Freezing...now we all know that we could freeze just about anything, meat, poultry, cheese, fruits and so on and yet what we don't realize is that we spend so much $$$ on buying frozen foods loaded with additives and preservatives. I don't know about you but I usually have left overs after supper, not much but enough to usually make another serving. Why throw that away??? Freeze it all together in a small container and on the days that you are alone or haven't had time to make a lunch for work, just take it out of the freezer and stick it in the microwave. Easy enough, don't you think?

This great for those of you that are on a budget or want to control your portions. You will be amazed at how much money you actually save at the end of the year. Cooking to lose weight is about learning to cook with what you have, learning to think about choices, and learning to organize your meals.....even when you think you don't have time.



Well hope you enjoyed reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment